Apple iOS 8.01 Restore Fix
Last night Apple released a faulty update effecting users who updated.
Symptons of the problem include not being able to recieve any service and TouchID failing.
Apple have released a fix to restore to iOS 8 while they correct the update.
Follow these steps to reinstall iOS 8.0.
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- Back up your iPhone in iTunes on your Mac or PC. iCloud backups won’t restore to earlier versions, including iOS 8.0.
- Download the file below that corresponds to your device:
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- Select the file you just downloaded by doing one of these in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Option key and click Check for Update.
- Windows: Press the Shift key and click Check for Update.
- Press Update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone.
The Health app won’t work in iOS 8 after these steps. It will be fixed in our upcoming iOS 8.0.2 software update.
(Image iPhone 6 Plus – Display by William Hook, on Flickr : https://flic.kr/p/p1zcVG )