Microsoft Office for Android Now Available
Want to use Word, PowerPoint or Excel on your Android device? You now can!
Microsoft have today announced that its Office suite for Android is available in the Google Play Store.
This follows Office being available for iOS devices last year. We covered what that can mean for your business on our blog previously here
Ideal for tablets or phones the app has had the UI designed for touch with the ribbon menu at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. The apps allow you to connect to OneDrive, SharePoint, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Box.
An Office 365 subscription is required for commercial use.
Access documents from virtually anywhere:
- Cloud – With your phone, you can access Office documents that are stored on OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, or SharePoint.
- Recent Documents – Office Mobile is cloud-connected. The documents you’ve recently viewed on your computer are readily available on your phone in the recent documents panel.
- Email Attachments – You can view and edit Office documents attached to email messages.*
Office documents look great:
- Great-Looking Documents – Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents look great on your phone, thanks to support for charts, animations, SmartArt Graphics, and shapes.
- Optimized for Phone – Word, Excel and PowerPoint have been optimized for the small screen of your phone.
- Resume Reading – When opening a Word document from OneDrive or OneDrive for Business on your phone, it automatically resumes at the place where you left off reading, even if you last viewed the document on your PC or tablet.
- Presentation Views – The Slide Navigator view in PowerPoint lets you browse slides faster, while speaker notes help you practice your presentation.
Make quick edits and share*:
- Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
- Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
* Sign in with a free Microsoft account to create, edit and save documents for home use.
A qualifying Office 365 subscription is required to create, edit and save documents for business use.
See office.com/information for a list of qualifying plans.